We value your interest in the gallery and would like to keep you informed of forthcoming exhibitions, art fairs and events. We will never send information about you to anyone else without your express prior consent, and only contact you from time to time about gallery and other events such as art fairs which might interest you.
This notice applies to information held about clients and prospective clients, suppliers and prospective suppliers, artists, contacts and all other persons about whom Addis Fine Art holds information. By 'information,' we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store. This information will have been given to us in connection with our business activities both at the gallery spaces in London and Ethiopia, or at other locations such as art fairs. The entire notice can be downloaded HERE.
Addis Fine Art Limited is the Data Controller, for the purpose of compliance under the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communication (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Addis Fine Art Limited can be at Addis Fine Art Limited, International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, London, EC1A 2BN.
Our Data Promise last updated: 24 May 2018.
In this notice, "we," "us," and "our" means Addis Fine Art Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with number: 08890323, registered office at International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, London, EC1A 2BN, and "you" means the individual to whom the information relates.
What we collect
- your name;
- your contact information such as your address, email address, telephone number, occupation;
- financial data if you purchase from the gallery;
- information related to your attendance at, and interest in, particular events, artists and art fairs;
- information about you that you give us in person at our events and art fairs, by filling in forms on our website, www.addisfineart.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- information in relation to your purchase of our art work or use of our services.
How we collect information about you
We collect information via:
- information you give to us when you purchase any art work;
- information you give us when you visit us at each art fair;
- when you email us via our website, artsy or direct mail;
- when you complete any forms on our website;
- when you enter your details in our visitor's book at onsite and offsite exhibitions and fairs;
- when you make a verbal or written request, or agreement to add you to our mailing list.
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information to:
- provide information about our gallery, artists, artworks, exhibitions, art fairs and services to you;
- keep you informed about gallery, artists, artworks, exhibitions, art fairs and services that we think you may find interesting;
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- for security and to check your identity.
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts;
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
- in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are:
- collecting personal information to provide you with an efficient client experience;
- to make sure you receive updated information on our gallery's activities;
- to provide the services you have requested; and
- for our own marketing and research.
Sharing your information
Except as expressly set out in this notice we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or affiliated companies if this is necessary to fulfil our obligations, goods and services to you, respond to your inquiries or for any of the purposes described in this notice. We may share your information if required with:
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; and
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
Transferring Your Information outside the UK
Your personal information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") and may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, or for one of our service providers. When we, or our permitted third parties, transfer your information outside the European Economic Area, we or they will impose obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your information to the standard required in the European Economic Area or otherwise require the recipient to subscribe to international frameworks intended to enable secure data sharing. In the case of transfers by us, we may also transfer your information where: (i) the transfer is to a country deemed to provide adequate protection of your information by the European Commission; or (ii) where you have consented to the transfer.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- to rectify of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
- to restrict processing of your personal data;
- to data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
- to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances; and
- to not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where you are one of our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about selected events, art fairs and works of art. You can unsubscribe from receiving them at any time, details of how to unsubscribe will be included on each electronic mailing we send you.You have the option of "unsubscribing" from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such e-mail or other communication from being sent to you by emailing email@example.com. We will action any opt out request from you without delay.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
- Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, as you will be aware, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to Other Sites
Our website may contain links to other sites, including via our social media buttons. While we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites and a link does not constitute an endorsement of that website. Once you link to another website from our website you are subject to the terms and conditions of that website, including, but not limited to, its internet privacy notice and practices. Please check these notices before you submit any data to these websites.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this notice are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this notice
Any changes we make to our notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our notice.